Social Media Guidelines
Welcome to Farmers Insurance Federal Credit Union – we look forward to your participation on our pages as you connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, and more, for news and information you can use, helpful money tips, and exclusive content and giveaways. The Credit Union looks forward to engaging in two-way conversation with our members and welcome your participation in our online community. Share your thoughts, reviews, advice and Credit Union experiences with us and others. Our intention is to maintain a member-friendly atmosphere, so please use appropriate language at all times when posting and/or commenting on our wall at the various social media sites. By submitting any content you grant Farmers Insurance Federal Credit Union the right to use this content in any and all of the Credit Union’s websites, including social media channels, print and other media, along with your likeness (your profile photograph/picture when provided), without payment or any other considerations. There are certain limits to what we can respond to, and we may need to remove posts that are offensive, inappropriate or violate policies or regulations that govern us. Participation on our social media pages is done so at your own risk; therefore, you are taking personal responsibility for your posts/comments, your username and any information you provide. Please take time to review our posting guidelines below, and keep in mind all posts and comments will be reviewed and any items that do not comply with the following standards will not be posted, including:
- Any suggestion or encouragement of illegal activity. Posts must not violate laws that govern use of copyrights, trade secrets, etc.
- Content we consider to be abusive, hateful, inflammatory, or intended to defame any person(s) and/or entity, including the posting of inappropriate comments such as profane or provocative language
- Comments that contain threatening, hateful, offensive, derogatory, obscene or sexually explicit language.
- Content we deem graphic, obscene, explicit, racial, or disparaging in any form or context.
- Content that seeks to defame or defraud any financial, commercial, or agency entity.
- Comments focused on selling a product or service, or comments posted for a purpose of driving traffic to a particular website for personal, political or monetary gain.
- Posting of your account number, member number, PIN, social security number, or any other sensitive personal information. (Farmers Insurance Federal Credit Union will never request any information, other than your name and contact number, through social media).
- Posts in HTML Format (or URLs).
- Posts from Individuals under the Age of 13 will not be accepted.
- Comments that vary greatly from the overall theme of a particular discussion thread may be subject to removal.
Note that the appearance of external links on this site does not constitute official endorsement by Farmers Insurance Federal Credit Union.
Social Media Contests
FIGFCU from time to time may choose to offer promotional items/awards or giveaways as incentives for individuals to “like”, “comment”, “follow”, “repost”, “share” or perform other similar functions on FIGFCU posts on social media websites. These offers are only open to lawful United States Residents. No purchase is necessary, other than requested information, including social media page likes/comments. Promotional offers are VOID in jurisdictions where prohibited. The User selected to receive any such item, agrees to hold FIGFCU harmless for any loss which might be incurred by the receipt, use, or loss caused directly or indirectly from the use of any such promotional item or cash awards. Promotional offers do not create an expectation on the part of any user to be selected to receive any such item. The user understands that the probability to receive any such promotional item is minimal, as their chances are just (1) one in relation to the total number of other users who participate in the promotional item being given away; other rules may apply. Employees or family members of FIGFCU employees are prohibited from receiving or being selected to receive promotional items. Receipt of promotional items may create tax liabilities on the part of the ultimate recipient, and users are always encouraged to consult a tax advisor prior to taking part in any promotional activity with FIGFCU. These promotions are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter or other social media sites.